- De-scale, wash and trim the fish.
- Separately, boil enough water to cover the fish, add salt and vinegar in the ratio of 1 tablespoon of salt and ½ tablespoon of vinegar (lime juice) to every quart of water.
- Put the fish into a boiling water and simmer very gently until cooked.
- For a large piece of fish, allow 10 minutes for every pound, and 10 minutes over on the whole.
- For small pieces, allow 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drain well and place on a hot dish.
- Decorate with slices of lime.
- Serve with butter or tomato sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.