This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 pound ham
- 2 tablespoons powdered crackers
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- whole cloves
- Soak ham for 12 hours then cook slowly in water for 5 hours.
- Cool in ham's own liquid.
- Remove outside skin.
- Make crisscross gashes in top of ham then sprinkle cracker dust and brown sugar on top.
- Sprinkle with pepper and stick whole cloves into ham then place in roasting pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.