- 2 cup vegetarian chicken-flavored broth
- 5 to 6 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (plus) freshly minced garlic
- 1 inch square freshly minced ginger
- 4 cup chopped bok choy or 6 to 7 baby bok choy
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup cool water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup shredded or sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce, or to taste
- Pour one cup boiling water over shitake mushrooms and allow them to sit, covered for 30 minutes.
- When they are ready add the cornstarch to ¼ cup of cool water and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms into bite sized pieces, removing the stems, and pour the soaking liquid into a skillet.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Sim- mer for a few minutes and then add the mushrooms, the bamboo shoots, the broth and the soy sauce.
- Simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Steam the boy choy separately (2-3 minutes, checking and tossing often).
- Whole baby bok choy may take a little longer.
- Add the bok choy to the mixture.
- Stir in the cornstarch till it"s as thick as you like it.
- Serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.