- 1/2 lb streaky Bacon
- 1 sliced Onion
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 2 chopped green peppers
- 2 diced potatoes
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1/4 lb flour
- 1/2 pint milk
- Chop Bacon into small pieces.
- Fry until lightly brown; add Onion, celery and green pepper and fry them.
- Put in potatoes and 2 pints of water.
- Season with salt, paprika and half of bay leaf.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Mix flour with half of milk, pour soup into this, stirring continuously.
- Pour this back into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the rest of milk and corn.
- Reheat but do not boil.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.