DescriptionEditMake this lechon recipe for special weekend treats. Its skin is ultra-crispy! This brined and baked pork belly is moist, and since it is boneless, it is easier to eat. Look at that crispy skin, too!
- 1 cup salt
- ¼ cup sugar, white only
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 ⅔ kilo whole pork belly, bones removed
- lechon sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add salt, sugar, pepper, to 1 cup water. Stir to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Once dissolved, remove from heat and pour into a container (with a lid) that can hold the pork belly. Add remaining cold water. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place pork belly into the brine, ensuring that it is fully submerged. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours, up to 72 hours (3 days).
- Preheat an oven to 350° F. Remove pork from brine, and place on a roasting pan. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 3 hours or until the skin is crispy and the meat is browned.
- Remove from the oven, and let rest 10 minutes before carving with a sharp knife. Serve while hot with lechon sauce on the side, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.