Cucumber, walnut and yogurt salad
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup fresh, organic rose petals
- 2½ cups drained plain whole yogurt, or labneh
- ½ cup sour cream, optional
- 1 seedless English cucumber, or 3 Persian cucumbers, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh dill weed
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, peeled and finely grated
- 2 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 pkg toasted flatbread, such as pita, lavash, sangak or barbary
- Combine raisins and rose petals in small container, cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, if using, cucumbers, scallions, mint leaves, Thai basil leaves, dill weed, tarragon leaves, garlic, radishes, and salt and pepper in serving bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, and adjust seasonings to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, add walnuts, raisins and rose petals, stir well and serve with flatbread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.