- 1 medium beet, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper - seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved, and seeds removed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and quartered
- ½ cup spinach leaves (packed)
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts (packed)
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock or vegetable bouillon
- alfalfa sprouts, for garnish
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse the beet, carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, and lemon until finely chopped.
- Add the avocado, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, dill and pepper.
- With the machine running, gradually add the vegetable stock and process until smooth.
- Transfer the borscht to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Serve the soup in individual bowls, garnishing each one with alfalfa sprouts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.