Makes 8 servings.
- 2 4- to 6-ounce package Spanish seasoned rice mix
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 1-ounce packet taco seasoning mix
- 6 corn tortillas, divided
- 2 14-1/2-ounce cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, divided
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Mexican-style Cheese blend, divided
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add Beef, Onion, and contents of seasoning packet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up Beef with a spoon or until Beef is brown and Onion is tender.
- Remove from heat; drain fat.
- Tear three corn tortillas into bite-size pieces and place on bottom of a non-metallic 13x9x2-inch dish.
- Add half of Beef mixture, spreading evenly. Top with half of rice mixture, half of the tomatoes and half of the Cheese.
- Repeat layers; except Cheese.
- Cover and bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; top with remaining Cheese and bake 10 minutes more or until Cheese is melted and golden brown.
- To serve, garnish with cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.