Garfish balls. This recipe is an "as much as you want" main course.
- garfish filets
- mashed potatoes
- green onion tops
- garlic powder
- chopped onions
- lard or cooking oil (peanut)
- Take garfish filets and measure equal amount of cooked mashed potatoes.
- Grind filets and tasso together.
- Coarse grind meat grinder is best.
- If you use food processor, be careful not to over grind.
- Tasso amount should be ½ oz per pound of fish.
- Increase will add more smoke flavor and seasoning, so adjust to your taste.
- Add minimal amount of Cajun experience seasoning mix.
- Tasso adds a lot of salt and cayenne.
- Mix in to potatoes, add veggies and shape into balls.
- Roll in cornmeal.
- Deep fry in lard for real Cajun taste, or peanut oil for les Americains, delicate children, Yankees, etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.