- 1 kg (2 lb 4oz) minced lamb
- 30 medium spring roll pastry, 15 cm (6 inch) squares
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (stems discarded)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 600 ml (1 pint) oil, for frying
Paste for sealing Edit
- Wrap the spring roll pastry sheets in a damp cloth to prevent from drying and set aside. Place flour in a small bowl, add water and mix to make a paste for sealing the spring rolls. Set aside.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a large pan with 1 tablespoon of oil until golden brown. Add the minced meat and fry together.
- Add salt, garam masala, cumin and turmeric. Fry together until meat is thoroughly cooked, then add parsley and mix for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave the pan to one side.
- Lay one spring roll sheet on a flat surface and place 2 – 3 teaspoons of filling on the top half. Fold to cover the filling then fold each side and roll. Now seal with flour and water paste and press firmly. Repeat this process using all the sheets. (see above illustrations).
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and fry the spring rolls, a few at a time on low to medium heat until slightly brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.