A classic French fish soup. Do not forget the garlic bread!!! The amount of fish called for is raw weight.
- 3 lbs mixed fish
- 3 lbs squid
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 liters fish stock
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ounce cream
- Clean fish and squid and cut into serving pieces.
- Arrange onion, garlic, tomatoes and potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Top with fish and enough stock to cover.
- Sprinkle turmeric over.
- Add oil and season to taste.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove fish and vegetables to a deep serving dish.
- Beat egg yolks and cream and slowly add hot soup in a thin stream, whisking constantly.
- Return to saucepan and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over fish and serve with garlic bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.