Bouza bi Haleeb (milk ice cream)
- 1 qt. milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp sahlab (cornflower)
- ¼ tsp mustikah (gum arabic)
- 1 tsp ma'ez zahr (orange blossom essence)
- Dissolve sahlab in one cup of milk.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a boil with the sugar.
- Add the cold milk and starch mixture slowly to the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Pulverize the mustikah and mix with several teaspoons of sugar.
- Add to the cooking milk mixture.
- Boil gently over low fire for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Flavor with ma'ez zahr.
- Freeze either in crank type freezer or in refrigerator trays.
- When mixture is frozen in refrigerator trays it should be removed and beaten three times during freezing to break up ice crystals.
- Just before serving, take the trays of ice cream from the freezer unit and allow to rest several minutes in the chilling part of the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.