Description EditThis fresh cheesecake is made and packed with real boysenberries, cream cheese, and milk, enriched with gelatin and lemon juice, and topped with other berries to make it look divine.
- 2 ½ cups (250 g.) plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 120 g. (4 ¼ oz.) butter, melted
- 250 g. (8 ¾ oz.) cream cheese
- 400 g. (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 teaspoons gelatin, any color/flavor
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, cold only
- 15 tablespoons water, cold only
- 2 ½ cups thickened cream, reserving 1 cup for decorating
- 425 g. can (14 ¾ oz.) boysenberries in syrup (other berries can be substituted for boysenberries)
- 2 cups berries (raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry)
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl, press over base and side of a 20-cm (8") springform pan, and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make the cheese filling, beat cream cheese until creamy; gradually mix up with the condensed milk.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of gelatin over the combined lemon juice and 7 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Stand a bowl in a pan of the remaining 8 tablespoons of simmering water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Quickly stir the gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture; blend in the cream. Mix well.
- To make the boysenberry filling, blend boysenberries and syrup; push through the sieve to remove seeds.
- Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of gelatin over water in a cup.
- Stand a cup in a pan of simmering water; stir until dissolved.
- Quickly stir gelatin mixture into the boysenberry mixture. Mix well.
- Pour both half of the cheese filling and half of the berry filling into the biscuit base and over the cheese filling, respectively; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread the remaining cheese filling over berry filling; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with the remaining berry filling; refrigerate for several hours, or until firm.
- Decorate with extra cream and berries, if desired. Serve cold and plain or with any dessert or fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.