- 500 g mutton
- 1 cup split peas
- 500 g potatoes
- 2 apples
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- Wash and cut the mutton into 20 to 40 g pieces.
- Add water to cover the kettle with a lid and simmer.
- Pick and wash the peas, add 2 or 3 cupful of cold water and bring to boil.
- Cook over low heat for 1 to 1½ hours.
- Bone the mutton.
- Add the peas to the meat.
- Strain and add the mutton broth, the finely sliced onion sauteed in butter, the potatoes and apples cut into chunks and the tomato puree.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.