My Grandmother made a similar item for special occasions but this recipe comes from WP Manual. Everyone loved this and really looked forward to her making this special dinner.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 1 lb round steak sliced ¼ inch thick
- salt / pepper
- fresh thyme
- 8 slices of prosciutto thin sliced or a we used capicola (cheaper)
- 8 slices of provolone cheese (get the good stuff you only use a little)
- 2 large hard cooked eggs sliced thin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper julienned
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice (28 oz)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- cooked ziti (enough for 4 people) - prepare this while the braciola cooks
- Cut beef steak into 8 small serving pieces.
- Place on cutting board and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cover meat with plastic wrap and pound it with a meat mallet or bottom heavy pan to make thin tender pieces.
- Top each piece of steak with first slice of ham, then cheese then a couple of egg slices and sprinkle with parsley (my grandmother often left out the egg) roll the meat up lengthwise and secure with toothpicks.
- Add oil to pressure cooker and brown meat on all sides.
- Then add mince garlic and cook for just about 30 seconds just to slightly brown the garlic.
- Then add the remaining ingredients except for the pasta.
- Set to high pressure and cook for about 25 minutes.
- When time is up do a quick release.
- Remove the rolls and remove the picks and serve the braciola over the cooked ziti along with the delish sauce and sprinkle with your favorite cheese — Parmesan or romano.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.