- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) button mushrooms
- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) straw mushrooms
- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) abalone mushrooms
- 2 dried mushrooms
- a few small pieces golden fungus
- a few small pieces black fungus
- a few small pieces white fungus
- 20 grams (about 1½ tablespoons) dried lily flowers
- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) carrot
- 50 grams (3½ tablespoons) sweet peas/pea pods
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 300 ml (about 1¼ cups) vegetarian stock
- Wash and soak the dried mushrooms, fungi and dried lily flowers.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice the carrot. Wash the sweet Peas, and parboil for 1 minute. Drain.
- Rinse the remaining mushrooms.
- Boil the vegetarian stock. Add the yellow fungus, black fungus and the dried lily flowers and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- While the fungus and dried lily flowers are boiling, prepare the seasoning and the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- Heat wok and add ½ tablespoon oil. When oil is ready, add the carrots and sweet peas and stir-fry on high heat. Remove and set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in the wok. When oil is ready, add all the mushrooms and stir-fry on high heat for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok. When oil is heated, add the fungus, dried lily flowers and the rice wine and seasoning. Braise for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and braise for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and sweet peas, stirring. Give the cornstarch/water mixture and add in, stirring to thicken. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.