- Warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a sauté pan over low heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and rosemary and sauté until tender and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Warm the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy pot over high heat.
- Add the meat and brown well on all sides, sprinkling with a little salt after it has browned.
- Add the wine and let it bubble up.
- Add the sautéed onions, the butternut squash, and the broth to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently until the meat is tender and the Squash has formed a puree, 1 to 1¼ hours.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.