- Makes 4 cups. Serve with turkey.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: about 30 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 cup shredded red cabbage, ¾ lb
- ⅓ cup dry red wine, (substitute cranberry juice)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cabbage may be shredded in food processor.
- In large saucepan, heat oil, brown sugar and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup cranberries and vinegar.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop their skins.
- Add cabbage, wine (sub cranberry or other juice) and vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender; stir occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup cranberries.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cranberries are warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information Edit
½ cup serving: 32 calories 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 1 g fat, 1 g fibre ½ fruits & veg. Choice
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.