- 3 pounds of red cabbage (cut into quarters)
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup of roughly chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 cup of cold water
- 6 tablespoons of butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, strained
- 1 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- In a cooking pan, combine the shredded cabbage, chopped onions and garlic.
- Mix the tomato paste in the water and stir into the cabbage.
- Add 1 teaspoon of slat and butter and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil over high heat.
- After a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the casserole and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the other teaspoon of salt and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sour cream and taste for seasoning.
- Serve directly from the casserole or mound the cabbage in the center of a large serving bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.