Makes 2 servings.
- 2 whole chicken breasts (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1½ cups hot cooked rice
- Remove skin and bones from chicken; dip chicken in egg, roll in breadcrumbs mixed with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet; add chicken and brown over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes on each side. Discard excess fat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in orange juice in small saucepan. Add broth, vinegar, Sugar and orange peel.
- Cook, stirring, until clear and thickened, about 3 minutes. Add sauce to chicken and cook, covered, 15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in brandy and heat through. Serve over fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.