- 8 cup bread cubes
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 egg white
- Melt margarine in large skillet.
- Add Onion and celery; cook until tender.
- Add to bread cubes.
- Add sage, salt and pepper.
- Moisten with broth as desired, depending on preference for dry or moist dressing.
- Beat egg whites lightly with a fork; stir into dressing.
- Use as stuffing for Turkey, or bake, covered in a 1 quart casserole for 30 minutes.
- Variations: Saute ½ cup fresh, sliced Mushrooms with celery and onions.
- =====For Roast Turkey=====
- Buy a fresh or frozen unbasted Turkey.
- To get the moist white meat of the basted variety, roast the Turkey breast side down.
- Place a meat rack in a roasting pan, place dressed bird, breast side down on the rack.
- Roast in you usual manner.
- Turn the Turkey breast side up during the last 30 minutes to brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.