Description[edit | edit source]
Source: The Art of Cooking for the Diabetic, revised edition by Mary Abbott Hess, R. D., M.S., and Katharine Middleton, first signet printing - January, 1993
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 slice bread - white or whole wheat
- 2 tsp margarine, softened
- 2 tbsp seedless raisins
- 2 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs or use egg substitute to equal 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar 
- ¼ tsp cinnamon - ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine eggs, milk, raisins, salt, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add the shredded or cubed bread to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Put into a greased pan.
- Bake at 350 °F until until a pointed knife inserted near center of pudding comes out almost clean (about 40 minutes or so).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This came from a diabetic cookbook but i see no reason why you can't use artificial sweetener equal to 2 tbsp sugar - but be sure you use one that will hold up to heat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.