- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 slices white bread (cubed)
- 1 stick margarine
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 by 11 inch pyrex dish with a non stick spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on bottom.
- Break the bread in cubes on top of that.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milks, sugar, vanilla.
- Pour over the bread.
- Add a few raisins if you like.
- Cut the stick of margarine into pieces and place all over the top of pudding.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- While baking, I melt another stick of margarine in a heavy saucepan, add ½ cup flour and make a paste, add 1 cup evaporated milk and ½ cup water and bring to a boil, whisking as you go.
- As it thickens add 1 tsp vanilla and ¼ tsp salt.
- Continue to cook lowering heat and whisking until it is "very" smooth.
- Serve over each bowl of bread pudding.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.