- Good light but right Bread Pudding with dried cherries, fresh and sweets from Belgium ! Enjoy !
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- 10 slc French bread (approximately 5 cups cubed)
- 3 lrg eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2tbl unsalted butter
- 2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Grill the bread over Direct Medium heat until toasted and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Cut bread into cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add milk, then stir in dried cherries and lemon zest.
- Add bread cubes and toss until mixed well.
- Let rest for about 45 minutes, patting the bread down into the liquid occasionally.
- Transfer bread and egg mixture to a 5- by 9-inch loaf pan.
- Place pan in center of cooking grate and grill over Indirect Medium heat for 50 to 60 minutes or until top is well-browned and puffy.
- Slice and serve warm with low-fat frozen yogurt, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.