Description[edit | edit source]
Bread sticks make great dinner side dishes and great craft materials. Let the kids make their own shapes or surprise them with your special creations. We like to make hearts, but you can shape your dough into anything — first name, initials, flowers, animals, unique designs, even monsters!
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 x 11-ounce can refrigerated bread stick dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- poppy or sesame seeds (optional)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Heat Oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Separate dough into eight pieces.
- Twist or bend each piece into a heart shape or other design and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Blend egg and water together and brush on dough.
- Add seeds if desired.
- Bake for 15 Minutes, until golden brown.
Variations[edit | edit source]
You can get quite creative with this recipe by substituting colored sugar, mini red candies, sprinkles or anything else you can think of for the seeds. Afterward you can drizzle melted chocolate over the top or a confectioner's glaze. Have Fun!