Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes about 9 pints.
- 10 pickling cucumbers
- 10 small onions
- ⅔ cup salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Wash and dry cucumbers; cut into thin slices.
- Peel onions and cut into thin slices.
- Mix cucumbers, onions and salt; let stand 4 hours.
- Rinse cucumbers and onions under cold running water. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed and turmeric in a large non-reactive cooking pot. Heat to boiling.
- Add cucumbers and onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat a and cook at a slow boil for 30 minutes.
- Pack into sterilized jars. Adjust lids and process for 15 Minutes in a hot water bath.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.