- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced into approximately 5 mm thick slices
- 2 small onions, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp table sugar
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces of a sweet or fruit-flavored beer
- flour as needed
- Combine all ingredients except for the eggplant slices and flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk and then add flour until the mixture becomes a batter thick enough to adhere.
- Coat the slices of eggplant with the mixture and fry in a deep frying pan in 2 – 3cm of your favorite oil, taking appropriate safety precautions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.