- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 pound reduce-fat kielbasa or breakfast sausages
- 1 bunch fresh sage (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 °F. Lightly coat baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. In small bowl, combine water and lemon juice. Core Apples and cut each lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter into 4 wedges. Soak slices in lemon water 1 minute; drain.
- Cut kielbasa diagonally into 24 ½-inch-thick oval slices. On wooden or metal skewers, alternately thread 4 slices or Apple and 3 slices kielbasa, beginning and ending with Apple. (Kielbasa should be threaded through skin side-not cut side.)
- Roast kabobs, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until Apple slices soften and kielbasa browns. Set on bed of sage leaves, if desired, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.