From my Aunt Maggie’s Collection. Dated 1922
- Cut the Pork into small pieces and crack the bone and put it all into a large kettle.
- Add the cold water and cook until the meat is tender.
- Remove the bone and measure the liquid that remains.
- Add enough water to make one quart.
- Heat to the boiling and stir in the corn meal.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 2 hours.
- As you cook this you’ll see the meat turning into shreds.
- When ready to use, cut into slices and sauté.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.