Purchased from the Rosenthal Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1989. Dated 1966. Notation on card indicates this is Michael's specialty and served with cole slaw and corn salsa.
- Soak chickens in salutation and let cure for 24 hours.
- Remove from solution, wipe dry and store in refrigerator and additional 6 hours.
- Place pan of water above fire in cooker to help prevent meat from drying out.
- Hickory chips are preferred.
- Cook in smoker for 12 hours at 200 degrees.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.