Rice Crisps Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups rice crisps (such as Rice Krispies)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine.
- Combine rice crisps and 1 tablespoon of the melted margarine. Set aside for topping.
- To remaining margarine in pan, stir in flour.
- Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in corn.
- Place broccoli in bottom of 10” x 6” x 2” (1½ quart) baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over broccoli. Sprinkle with cereal topping.
- Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cereal has browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.