I love broccoli cheese soup, but I am a really picky eater and I never found a recipe that I completely liked, so a couple of years ago I combined what I liked out of three different recipes and came up with this one. Even the kids request it often.
- Contributed by SF&SC Y-Group
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped ham 
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup diced Velveeta
- Place the potatoes, onion, water and chicken bouillon in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cover and boil for 10 more minutes.
- Add 2½ cups of the milk, ham, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil.
- Put the milk and flour in a container with a tight fitting lid and shake it until it is combined and add to the soup.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the Velveeta and stir until melted.
- ↑ For the ham if I have leftover good ham, I dice it and use it, or if I don't have any leftovers, I just use sliced ham from the deli counter and mince it up.