- plain flour - 175 g (6 oz),
- porridge oats - 50 g (2 oz),
- butter - 110 g (4 oz) diced,
- Broccoli - 350 g (12 oz),
- eggs - 3,
- milk - 300 ml.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
- Put the flour and Oats in a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough cold water to bind the mixture together and form a firm dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 23 cm (9 inch) flan dish.
- Bake blind for 10-15 minutes, until set but not too brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190C / 375F / Gas 5.
- Roughly chop the Broccoli, then cook in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain well. Arrange in the flan case.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Pour into the flan case, making sure the Broccoli is covered.
- Bake at 190C / 375F / Gas 5 for about 40 minutes, until lightly set. Serve warm.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.