- 3 cups broccoli rice (two 12 ounce bags) , frozen thawed or fresh
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons super-fine blanched almond flour , optional but helps to give the crust a crispier texture
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
PIZZA TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE:
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. (If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven now)
- Place the thawed frozen broccoli rice in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower out in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan and stirring in between. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked riced broccoli, mozarella cheese, egg, almond flour and optional seasonings. Mix and using your hands to knead well until a dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dough on top. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and using your hands or a rolling pin, press down to form a crust to about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thickness, creating a raised wall around the edges.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella followed by desired toppings.
- Place the pan back in the oven and cook until the cheese melts. Slice and serve hot.
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup sugar-free marinara sauce (Rao's) or passata sauce
- 6-8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil or spinach
- 2-3 chopped olives