Makes 6 servings
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound frozen chopped Broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups chopped fresh Mushrooms (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine rice and Broccoli in large mixing bowl.
- Cook Mushrooms, Onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until Onion is tender crisp. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Stir mixture into rice and Broccoli; mix well. Spoon into buttered shallow 2-quart baking pan or portion 1 cup mixture into buttered individual casseroles.
- Beat egg yolks with milk. Add Cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into yolk mixture. Spread over rice mixture, or portion evenly over rice mixture in individual dishes (about 2/3 cup for each). Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes, or until mixture is hot and bubbly and top is lightly browned (15 to 20 minutes for casseroles).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.