Makes 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 3-3/4-ounce package butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Combine rice, water, salt and maple syrup.
- Heat to boiling over high heat. Stir once. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend pudding mix with milk and butter; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked rice. Spoon into ovenproof serving dish and chill.
- When ready to serve, spread with mixture of topping ingredients and broil slowly until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.