Makes 8 servings.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 x 14½-ounce can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasonings
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until Onion is tender.
- Add chicken and cook just until chicken loses its pink color, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, spinach and ¼ cup cheese; heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.