Serve with chicken. Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1⅓ cups low-fat milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- vegetable cooking spray
- cooked chicken (optional)
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add carrots; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Combine rice, pecans, parsley and vegetables in large bowl.
- Combine cheese, milk, eggs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in small bowl; stir into rice mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly into 6 ovenproof molds, custard cups or large muffin tins coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.