Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 20-ounce can sliced Apples
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups light cream or half and half
- Drain Apples. If necessary, add water to juice to make 1/2 cup.
- Combine Apples, juice, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until Apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to Apples.
- Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until juice is clear and thickened.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Ladle over rice and serve with cream.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.