- Makes 8 to 10 servings and about 1½ cups sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp water
- 1⅓ cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ice cream, any flavor
Fudge sauce (optional) Edit
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- Add eggs; beat with spoon until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired; pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until almost set.
- Pie will not test done in center.
- Prepare fudge sauce, if desired.
- Top pie with scoops of ice cream and prepared sauce.
Fudge sauce Edit
- Combine all ingredients in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high (100%) 1 to 1½ minutes or until hot.
- Using whisk, beat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Conventional method: combine all ingredients in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.