Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cook celery, green pepper and Mushrooms in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and black pepper in small mixing bowl. Reduce heat to medium and pour egg mixture over vegetables. #Continue stirring until eggs are almost cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and stir to gently separate grains; heat thoroughly.
- Microwave Instructions: Heat margarine in 2- to 3-quart microproof baking dish.
- Add carrots, green pepper and Mushrooms; cover and cook on HIGH 4 minutes.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and black pepper in smaill bowl; pour over vegetables.
- Cook on HIGH 4 minutes, stirring with fork after each minute to cut cooked eggs into small pieces.
- Stir in rice and Cheese; cook on HIGH about 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately or spoon mixture into warmed corn tortillas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.