- 1 tsp margarine
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced green pepper
- ¾ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- corn tortillas (optional) — warmed
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add carrots, green pepper, and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper in small bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Continue stirring 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Add rice and cheese; stir to gently separate grains.
- Heat 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately or spoon mixture into warm corn tortillas, if desired.
- Microwave oven instructions: combine carrots, green pepper, mushrooms, and margarine in 2½-quart microproof baking dish.
- Cover and cook on high 4 minutes.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, salt, and black pepper in small mixing bowl; pour over vegetables.
- Cook on high 4 minutes, stirring with fork after each minute to cut cooked eggs into small pieces.
- Stir in rice; cook on high about 1 minute until heated through.
Each serving provides:
- 212 calories * 11.4g Protein | 6.5g Fat | 27g Carbohydrates | 2.5g Dietary fiber | 35.3mg Sodium | 79mg cholesterol
- Note: optional ingredients are omitted from the nutritional analysis. When ingredient choices appear in a recipe, the first ingredient is used for calculation.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.