- 1 California avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- ½ Pound Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise and diced
- ¼ Cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 sourdough baguette (about 10 oz.), diagonally cut into 1/2-inch slices and lightly toasted
- In medium bowl, lightly combine avocado, tomatoes, Onion, olive oil, parsley, basil, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Top each slice of toasted bread with about 1 heaping tbsp. of the tomato-avocado mixture.
- Garnish each with small leaf of basil, if desired.
- Note: To prepare ahead of time or to keep mixture in the refrigerator for use as a quick snack, combine all ingredients except avocado.
- To serve, thinly slice 1 peeled medium California avocado and arrange 1 or 2 slices of avocado on each piece of toasted bread.
- Top each serving with about 1 heaping tbsp. of the tomato-avocado mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.