Bruschetta is typically served with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, but plums are a sweet surprise in this tasty Italian inspired side.
Entertain the Fruit and Veggie Way by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1 sourdough baguette (24 inch)
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese, whipped
- 6 cups sliced fresh plums (about 9 plums)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Slice baguette into 24 one inch-thick pieces.
- Toast baguette slices in a 350 °F oven until golden brown.
- Spread each slice with fat-free cream cheese.
- Place slices (about 3) of plum on each piece.
- Garnish with basil.