A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 2 tablespoons egg mix + ¼ cup water (or 1 egg)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1½ packages saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons instant nonfat dry milk + ½ cup water (or ½ cup non-fat milk)
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F to 300°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and form into loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meat thermometer reads 160°F in center of loaf.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.