Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Select firm ripe figs.
- Combine the soda and 1 gallon boiling water and pour over the figs.
- Soak for about 10 minutes or until skins become transparent, then rinse in cold water.
- Combine the honey and 6 cups water for syrup and bring to a boil.
- Add the figs to the syrup and simmer until figs are clear.
- Pack in hot sterilized jars and cover with boiling syrup.
- Add lemon slices to each jars, if desired.
- Place lids and rings on jars and store.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.