- 1 chicken (cut in serving pieces, or 1 lb meat with bones)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 7 fresh tomatoes (purée in blender)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon cuhmin seeds
- approximately 10 – 15 whole cardamom seeds (lightly chop with mortar)
- 10 – 15 cloves (lightly chop with mortar)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cups of washed rice
- Sauté onions and carrot in oil.
- Add chicken or meat and all spices and continue to cook (you might need to add a little water).
- When chicken is halfway done, add the tomato puree.
- Continue to cook over low heat until chicken is done.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Now add rice to pot and cook on low until just barely cooked.
- You might need to add ½ cup water for rice to be done.
- Be careful not to overcook rice because you do not want mushy rice.
- To serve, place rice on platter and add chicken on top.
- Optional: garnish with fried almonds and raisins on top for a most exquisite and delicious dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.