Description[edit | edit source]
This rich, traditional dessert is infused with vanilla and cinnamon.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 liter milk
- 8 eggs
- 10 spoonfuls sugar
- 2 packets vanilla powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a spoonful of shredded lemon peel
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Mix the eggs and the milk well.
- Stir 2/3rds of the sugar in and add the vanilla, cinnamon and lemon peel
- Try the mixture and if you find it bland, add more sugar to taste.
- Melt the rest of the sugar in a non-stick pan, stirring occasionally so it does not burn.
- Pour the melted sugar into the 8-12 small pots (cup-size) and rotate each to cover the bottom.
- Top each with the egg and milk mixture.
- Place the small pots/cups in a pan with 2-3 cups water, and bake in an oven at 100-150 °C.
- About thirty minutes later, check to see whether the creme is runny and bake a bit more until a golden crust is formed.
- Cool the creme, loosen the sides with a spoon, and turn it over on a plate.
- Serve with a swirl of whipped cream on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.