- 2 cups cooked bulghur wheat — (1 cup raw = 2 cup cooked)
- ¼ cup am whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp crushed basil leaves
- 1 egg
- ¾ tsp sage
- ¾ tsp poultry seasoning
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- oil or non-stick spray
- Mix the bulghur wheat, egg, whole wheat flour, basil, sage, poultry seasoning and salt together.
- Form into patties and roll in whole wheat flour.
- Fry in a small amount of oil until lightly browned.
- These may be wrapped in individual packages and reheated.
- Cook like hamburger meat or add to casseroles in place of meat.
- Variation: form into cocktail size balls, before cooking and serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.