This recipe is for 6 servings.
- Preparation: 6 hours and 25 minutes.
- 4 lbs short rib of beef (can also use tri tip, and flank steak)
- ⅔ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2½ tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted and crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon Szechwan pepper, ground
- Trim beef to ½" thick pieces.
- If you are using tri tip or flank steak, be sure to cut across the grain.
- Combine everything except for the beef in large a ziplock bag.
- Close the bag and massage the bag until everything is well mixed.
- Add the beef.
- Be sure the bag is closed tightly.
- Massage again until all of the meat is completely coated.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 – 6 hours.
- Turn the bag occasionally during this process to ensure it marinates evenly.
- When you are ready to cook, remove the beef from the bag and pour the marinade into a small bowl.
- Meat can be grilled on a BBQ (this is the traditional method), broiled or even pan fried.
- Based on the thinness of your beef, it will take between 3 – 6 minutes to cook per side.
- Be sure to brush on additional marinade when you flip the meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.